This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Fixed Term, Part Time (Maternity cover ending 21 October 2022)
Hours of work: Monday 8:30am-12:30pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30am-4:00pm,
Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Location: SPCA Greymouth
The SPCA Greymouth is looking for an energetic Animal Attendant who enjoys working with a wide variety of people to provide excellent customer service and positive animal welfare outcomes.
This role can be at times be sole charge and the successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, technologically savvy, energetic, passionate about providing positive welfare outcomes for animals and show a high level of initiative.
The successful candidate will need to be a people person and be able to relate and communicate effectively to a wide range of people. Problem solving is also an important aspect to this role and so a can do and think outside the box mind-set is a must.
Duties will include:
· Monitoring animal health, behaviour and administering medication
· Enhancing opportunities for socialisation, enrichment and behaviour modification for the animals in the shelter
· Working with the other Centre staff to ensure that the Centre is functioning well and goals are being achieved
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge, in particular feline and canine experience.
· High level of verbal and written communication
· Be technologically savvy – have sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications
· Effective time management skills, organisation and planning abilities
· Be supportive, empathetic and resilient.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
· Experience and or a passion to learn about animal care, handling, behaviour, enrichment and welfare.
· Good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, volunteers, other stakeholders and suppliers.
· Professional in approach, open and engaging in manner
· Ability to work effectively without supervision
· Full, current New Zealand driver’s license
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on 27th August 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.