Business Manager – Cow Wearables, e-commerce
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We all have our improvement stories to tell. At LIC we believe in constant improvement, never settling and always striving for greatness. We know little improvements can add up to huge gains for our customers, and for our country. We value NZ primary industries and will do whatever it takes to support and grow our farmer community. We're down to earth and we're a diverse bunch - a mix of super smart scientists, veterinarians, farmers, sales people and clever marketing folk. We are inclusive and count ourselves lucky to have people from all backgrounds working with us.
We offer extra leave days per year, family leave for new parents, discounted insurance, employee shares scheme, mental health & well-being program, internal training programmes and an employee assistance programme to name but a few - and we're still working on improvements!
About the Role
The Marketing & Products team is part of the wider NZ Markets group which is the channel to our customers and the customer voice. NZ Markets is responsible for both sales and marketing performance and for collectively commissioning products and services from product groups.
The role of Business Manager - Cow Wearables, e-commerce is responsible for the established range of farm consumable products including Tags & Heat Detection. In addition the role is accountable for the development, launch & growth of new consumable products through LIC's key e-commerce channel "Shop". The role will also have ownership of the marketing & promotion of cow wearables in line with LIC's business aspiration, strategy and goals.
Key areas of focus and responsibility include:
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for Tags, Heat Detection and Wearables products
- Provide leadership for the development and growth of LIC's key e-commerce channel "Shop".
- Develop and support products in line with our customer requirements
- Working with the wider NZM team to take new product concepts through to development and launch.
- Drive efficient & effective Advertising & Promotion that supports the achievement of financial and operational targets
- Development of, and on-going management of relationships with key stakeholders both within and external to LIC.
- Manage financial and operational targets
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the growth and development of your range of products
We are seeking a driven and innovative agribusiness professional that can take this business unit to the next level.
You will have worked in the area of product/business management, preferable within NZAgri or Primary sector. With an affinity to New Zealand Dairy and an understanding of farming and farmers you will have proven ability to unlock customer value.
Understanding of e-commerce and cow wearable technology is essential, we are keen to hear from applicants with experience in developing and growing e-commerce channels, ideally within NZAgri.
Your Key Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification ideally in Agri-business, marketing or technology.
- Understanding of LIC Products and Services. Understanding of the dairy industry, our shareholders and their current and future needs.
- Understanding of the Agri e-commerce channel
- It is expected that you will have demonstrated relevant product marketing and or development experience. The ability to liaise, persuade and influence people with widely diverse functions is considered imperative to your success in this position.
How to Apply
If you're after a rewarding and social career with people who embrace our company values of Integrity, Innovation, Spirit of Co-Operation, In-tune and Passion, then we would consider ourselves lucky to welcome you on-board.
For more information and to apply, go to our website www.careers.lic.co.nz/home
Job code: 40821
Applications Close: 27 August 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.