Head / Senior Veterinary Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ellerslie Vet Clinic was founded in 2015 to provide outstanding pet care. Since then, we have grown from a one vet/nurse clinic into a team of 5 Vets and 6 registered nurses and Cattery support staff. EVC is a well-known, and highly respected Small Animal Clinic and we are spoiled with progressive equipment including digital x-ray, ultrasound, full dental suite, in house laboratory, a fully equipped surgical suite, no afterhours consultations, dedicated staff, fantastic clients and so much more!
One of our nurses left to her home overseas and another team member is leaving for maternity leave. Therefore, we are looking for a compassionate Full-time Head or Senior Vet Nurse to join our talented and experienced team at Ellerslie Veterinary Clinic. Our amazing team is highly knowledgeable and offers an extraordinary level of empathy. Equipped with the latest diagnostic and therapeutic tools, we are dedicated to offering gold standards of care.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• As the Head Nurse you lead, monitor, and supervise a group of Vet Nurses to achieve our goals and contribute to the growth of our Clinic.
• You provide effective support to veterinarians in all aspects of veterinary nursing, including anesthetic monitoring, animal handling, IV catheter placement and blood collection.
• Always maintain an excellent level of patient care and customer service, treating every patient as if they were your own.
As our ideal candidate you have:
• Appropriate Veterinary Nursing qualifications
• Demonstrated client relationship building skills
• A hard-working and a hands-on approach to your work
• An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as team leader
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
• Effective time management and organization skills.
Ellerslie Vet Clinic is a gold cat friendly clinic (awarded by the ISFM in 2015) and most of our nurses have been awarded with the Certificate of Feline Nursing by the IFSM. Work-life balance is important to us and our full-time nurses work 4 days per week and 1 in 3 / 4 Saturdays. There is no after-hours or Sunday work. And on Saturdays we are only open from 9am – 12pm.
Please apply online with your CV or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.