Part-Time Veterinary Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for an exciting and challenging new role in emergency and after-hours nursing?!
At Waikato After Hours Veterinary Hospital, we work nights, weekends and public holidays and strive to offer the best medicine and care possible for our patients and clients regardless of the time of the day.
We are a fun, passionate, welcoming, and supportive bunch of vets and nurses and work very well as a team. We provide afterhours services for all the primary clinics in Hamilton and surrounding areas. We are looking for a friendly and dedicated vet nurse with a minimum of two years’ experience to join us who is keen to extend their knowledge and take that next exciting step in their career! The right nurse, who is quick to learn and has passion and drive, but less experience would be considered.
We are after a part-timer for weekend and public holiday work. This position might be suitable for someone that is in a primary clinic during the week, and wants to have a go at emergency nursing, or someone that is after a foot in the door to potentially become a full timer down the track. Maybe you have been on maternity leave or home with children and would like to get back into the industry part time in an exciting and rewarding role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- client relations
- patient evaluation and triage
- care and monitoring of hospitalised patients and critical transfers
- taking bloods and placing IV catheters
- anaesthetic monitoring of high-risk patients
- digital radiography, CT scans and lab testing
- fluid therapy and blood transfusion monitoring
We have an onsite full IDEXX laboratory and blood gas capabilities, SmartFlow inpatient hospital system, digital radiography, ultrasound, CT, oscillometric blood pressure, doppler, capnography, ECG, endoscopy, fluid therapy and more. We also have access to an Emergency and Critical Care Specialist who provides in-house tutorials on various relevant topics.
You will be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and must be:
- self-motivated and good at multi-tasking
- able to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- a good team player and willing to work extra hours if needed
- enthusiastic and compassionate
- skilled at using computers and being familiar with VetLink software would be an advantage
- a qualified veterinary nurse with at least 2 years’ experience (less experience for the right candidate is considered)
- applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Experience in emergency nursing would be beneficial but not essential. Full training on our emergency protocols will be provided.
We provide a competitive remuneration commensurate with experience and advancement in the practice, continuing education, new skills and learning opportunities on every shift, and you get to use your skills each day you work!
Please submit your CV or any queries to Erika Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position will remain open until we find a great match for the team. If you are interested but are not keen to commit to regular shifts, we are always on the lookout for locum nurses.
Your application has been successfully submitted.