Vet Nurse (12 month Maternity Cover)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Fixed Term, Full Time
Hours of work: 40 hours a week - 12 month contract
Location SPCA Wellington Centre
Join our team of Vet Nurses and Veterinarians looking after both our SPCA and client animals. You will be exposed to a varied workload which will include work in surgery, hospital care and incoming assessment. This is a busy, rostered 40 hour a week role working in a dedicated team, based at the Wellington Centre.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Be a qualified Vet Nurse with a minimum 2 years nursing experience
· Be flexible with hours and able to work rostered hours including one weekend in five.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking and able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
We are located up in the town belt of Newtown so you need to ensure you are able to get to the centre easily as public transport can be a challenge.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. SPCA Wellington Centre cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you! To find out more about us, go here
Please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Friday 20th August 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.