This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The purpose of this role within Verification Services (VS) is to provide a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who prides themselves in their ability to communicate and educate others.
The role is varied, and you will be expected to do the following
- Communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete ante mortem inspections and educate others on post-mortem inspection
- Maintain knowledge within the farming communities and be involved in on farm verification!
- Provide certification for animal exports
Mō te peka - About the Branch
Alliance Mataura (ME21) is a beef-only premises situated in the small Southland town of Mataura. The typical processing pattern is one or two shifts working up to 6 days a week from October through to August/September.
Mataura is just fifteen minutes' drive south of Gore and forty five minutes from Invercargill. The Gore/Mataura area offers good schools, a vibrant arts and entertainment scene (Golden Guitars, Hokanui Fashion, world class art gallery) as well as excellent sports facilities, excellent river fishing and close access to the Central Otago ski fields and hiking/bike trails.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience The successful candidate will:
- Be a Qualified and registered Veterinarian
- Have knowledge of the principles and practices associated with HACCP, Quality Assurance systems, Risk Management Systems
- Have verbal and written skills, verbal, and analytical reasoning skills
- Demonstrate integrity and trust, ethics and values, resilience, adaptability, and openness
- Have experience persuading and influencing, teamwork, planning and organising
- Have computer literacy – can operate standard and customised software to an acceptable standard e.g. word-processing, excel, internet, email, database, secure sites, electronic certification, residues etc
- Understand basic food technology
- Have a willingness to embrace the Verification Services Triple O way of working
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare Schemes
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
Salary from this role starts from $89,133 per annum. Starting salary will be dependent on the successful applicants' skills and experience
Whakamātau Whakapōauau me te Waipiro - Drug and Alcohol Screening
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site under the application process, on pre-employment checks page.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
The closing date is 17th August 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email Maria.email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.