Animal Care Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Central Bark is an exclusive doggy day-care, hotel, training school, and grooming facility in Auckland. Conveniently located in Parnell, this is a one-stop luxury pet care facility.
Our priority is to provide an enriching and safe environment for all our four-legged clients. We are a far cry from most dog boarding kennels and catteries in Auckland, our modern facility has been custom built with safety, comfort and enjoyment in mind.
We are currently looking for Animal Care Coordinators (full time and casual) to join our team of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals.
Our Animal Care role is extremely diverse, you will be working as a part of a team with key responsibilities including:
- Exercising and playing with the dogs - we offer our canine clients structured and enrichment filled days with bubbles, ball pools, paddling pools, blanket forts and ice treats – just to name a few. All balanced with a well-earned nap time.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to our customers answering questions they may have.
- Transferring dogs throughout the business safely with expert lead control.
- Feeding pets according to the client’s individual requirements.
- Administering medication according to the individual pets’ requirements.
- Participate dog training classes teaching verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Bathing, blow-drying, cleaning ears, trimming nails.
- Maintaining a commercial standard of cleanliness in all play areas and suites.
We do shift work with a typical day having two shifts, morning and evening. We are open Monday to Sunday with our first shift starting at 6 am and last shift ending at 8 pm.
This role will require weekend and public holiday work, possible overnight stays, so we will require candidates with flexibility.
As our ideal candidate, you must have the following:
- Relevant industry experience in a similar workplace environment or hold qualifications or currently studying in a relevant animal care related field.
- Knowledge of force free, +R based training methods.
- A good communicator.
- Be a quick thinker who is proactive.
In return for your passion, knowledge and dedication, you will be provided with a fun, supportive working environment, training in behaviour, and a uniform.
If this sounds like you, Central Bark look forward to hearing from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.