Animal Attendant and Administrator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent Part Time, 16hrs per week
Hours of work: Rotating roster between 8am-5pm Monday-Sunday
Location: SPCA Centre Hobsonville
About the role
We are seeking candidates with excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare to join our busy Hobsonville team in caring for rabbits, guinea pig, and felines as well as providing Administration support to the Animal Services Teams. This role will include weekends & public holidays, therefore flexibility in regard to days and hours of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
This position provides animal attendant support to the small animal and feline services within SPCA Auckland to ensure they can continue to be a high performing, effective, responsive and efficient team.
Duties will include:
· Assists with all phone and email enquiries relevant to the department including adoption matching queries and communication.
· Coordinating paperwork that is relevant to the Animal Services Teams including developing and updating training documents.
· Processing of weekly wage entries.
· Co coordinating, training and working with volunteers with an aim to improve animal pathways and volunteer experience
· Monitoring animal health, behaviour and administering medication
· Enhancing opportunities for socialisation, enrichment and behaviour modification for the small animals in the shelter
· Working with other departments to ensure the Animal Services Areas are functioning well and goals are being achieved
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge, in particular small animal experience, and experience in behaviour and basic care.
· Have applicable tertiary qualification e.g. animal care, animal welfare.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have previous experience working in a similar Administration and/or Animal Care role
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent data-entry & computer skills including Microsoft Office
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Active, physically able to cope with the rigor of the job
· Full, current New Zealand driver’s licence
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close Sunday 15th August 2021
For a copy of the Job Description visit Animal-Attendant-Administrator-PD-21.docx.pdf
Your application has been successfully submitted.