Exotic Animals Keeper
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Positive work culture and an excellent remuneration package on offer
- Exotic animals such as zebra, giraffes, nyala, water buffalo, emus and ostriches
- Recently voted the number one sculpture park attraction in the world
A BIT ABOUT GIBBS FARM...
Gibbs Farm is a world renowned Sculpture Farm Park, located 13km from Kaukapakapa, north of Auckland. This aesthetically stunning property comprises 720ha of farmland hosting award-winning sculptures, exotic animals and trees, wetlands, lakes and a commercial farming operation. Gibbs Farm was recently voted the number one sculpture park attraction in the world.
For more information on Gibbs Farm please follow this link: http://www.gibbsfarm.org.nz
In this exciting role of Exotic Animals Keeper, you will support the team to look after the animal health and welfare of exotic animals such as zebra, giraffes, nyala, water buffalo, emus and ostriches. Further key tasks include enclosure maintenance, recording and reporting, and liaising with contractors and vets, all whilst following health & safety policy and procedure.
A BIT ABOUT YOU...
Along with a passion for animal health and welfare, a can-do attitude and the interpersonal skills to communicate with a larger team, the ideal candidate will have:
- Completed a captive animal course or vet nurse course
- Animal welfare and husbandry experience, preferably exotic
- Knowledge of water supply, fencing and farming systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Machinery operation (tractor) skills
- A high level of pride and presentation
- Strong understanding of health & safety
- Current drivers licence and be able to ride a quad bike
- A strong initiative and be able to work independently
This diverse property set in the Kaipara Harbour will provide the right applicant with multiple challenges and a diverse and interesting work environment. There is a positive work culture and an excellent remuneration package on offer, accommodation is own care. This position offers a great opportunity to join and represent this fantastic world renowned farm.
For further information on this role please visit https://bit.ly/3eIWHdM (if the link doesn't work please copy it into your web browser) For a confidential chat please feel free to contact the Rural Directions team on 06 871 0450 or email mailto:email@example.com (Reference #763831)
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 8th August 2021
Due to border restrictions, we may only be able to consider candidates currently residing in New Zealand with full work eligibility, or NZ citizens/residents returning home in 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.