Dog Daycare Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a small team, based in Tauranga.
Our days are busy, often noisy but mostly filled with lots of fun.
Duties/Responsibilities that our assisstants carry out on a daily basis:
- Supervision of the daycare arena’s ensuring playgroups are well matched & ideal. Sound knowledge dog behaviour essential.
- Ensuring dogs are safe, happy and enjoy lots of interaction.
- Ensuring that safety measures for dogs and staff are adhered to.
- Interacting with our clients & their dogs, calmly & respectfully.
- Assessing new daycare candidates ensuring behaviour & responses are appropriate for the environment.
- Accepting dog drop off & collections.
- Cleaning duties - throughout the day.
- End-of-day clean ups.
- General reception duties – computer skills essential
- Cash handling
- Assisting in opening and closing routines.
- Assisting with dog training where possible.
- Dog walking.
- Taking photos and videos of the dogs for Facebook and Instagram.
- Creating new games and playtime ideas.
Experience and Training Required:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A certificate in dog management and/or dog training and/or vet nurse training.
- Applicants must also be proficient in English. References will be required.
What we are Offering:
- A part-time role with potential to lead to full time - (minimum number of weekly hours to be agreed.)
- A great team environment.
- An environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn and to grow with the business and the team.
- The opportunity to work in a small but respected and caring business.
Hours of Work:
- We are a 7 day a week business.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Shifts start from 6.45am and finish up to 6.30pm
- Staff are rostered on over public holidays and expected to be available to work during all peak seasons. However, these are rostered shifts and are shared amongst the team as fairly as possible during these times.
Please send a short covering letter and your CV to Kate Teao
Click APPLY NOW
Your application has been successfully submitted.