Veterinary Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently looking to enhance our IDEXX laboratory team with a skilled and experienced full-time Veterinary Laboratory Technician to work within our cross-functional laboratory in Hamilton, New Zealand.
Based in our new purpose-built Hamilton laboratory, you would be joining a global market leader in a role focused on the provision of high-quality and timely diagnostic testing services; assaying and processing a wide variety of samples for routine and complex pathology investigation.
Who we are looking for:
- You will have a tertiary qualification in a relevant technical discipline and (or) a minimum of two years’ experience in a veterinary diagnostics laboratory environment.
- Experience in a range of Laboratory testing is preferable
- You will have a strong understanding of all the essentials; a broad knowledge of multi-disciplinary routine diagnostic pathology testing procedures, and a demonstrated ability to perform routine and potentially complex diagnostic tests while ensuring adherence to standard procedures, policies and practices.
- You will be computer savvy and have exposure to a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- You will have the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills are highly desired.
- You will be confident operating under pressure and time constraints without compromising on quality control procedures and practices.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you?
We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will:
- Enjoy purposeful work that drives improvement
- Encounter a work-life balance in a flexible casual role.
- Ongoing training and investment in its people, including professional skill development.
- Ongoing health and wellness activities, platforms and programs,
- Free onsite parking
- Most importantly, this role offers you an opportunity to make a difference and positively impact the community alongside a fantastic local team who pursue our purpose with passion
Let’s pursue what matters together!
If you would like to learn more about IDEXX and that we do please take a look at our website at www.idexx.co.nz/en-nz/ or to see what it’s like to work at IDEXX in Australia & New Zealand visit careers.idexx.com/us/en/anz - If this sounds like the role for you please APPLY or contact Kat
Your application has been successfully submitted.