Animal Breeding Services is a long-standing company, based in the heart of the Waikato. ABS is a prominent provider of reproductive technology to the breeders, genetics businesses and farmers within New Zealand and internationally.
We are seeking a Farm Technician on a permanent basis to join the team at our AB Centre in Tamahere.
Reporting to the AB Centre Manager, you will be working as part of a small, but passionate team, collecting semen from multiple species with a focus on animal welfare and ensuring that a quality product is collected. This is a great chance to grow your farming experience and knowledge as you will be working with a wide range of animals, generally dealing with sheep, cattle, goats and pigs all within a single week
A valid driver's licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and a good level of physical fitness is essential for this role.
Your ideal background
- Previous experience working with large animals is desirable
- Attention to detail is important as you will need to be able to read animal behaviour, detect health issues, perform health checks and administer drugs.
- A strong understanding and interest in animal welfare
- Confidant driver and a full drivers license is essential - Previous experience driving a tractor is advantageous.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Team player as well as the ability to work independently and effectively without supervision.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Being flexible and adaptable - having the ability to adapt to changes day to day and season to season will be important.
How to apply
If you are an enthusiastic, dedicated individual willing to be part of a close team of Vets, scientists and reproduction technicians of a world leading company providing top reproduction technologies in New Zealand and overseas. We would love to hear from you. Apply here with a cover letter and CV/resume. If you have any queries about the role, email Jacqui via Jacqui@abreeds.co.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.