Animal Attendant - Casual
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Casual role
Hours of work: As required
Location: SPCA Centre Napier
About the role
We are seeking a confident person who can help our Centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care.
As a Casual Animal Attendant, the successful applicant would act as a flexible part of the Canine and Feline Animal Attendant Teams, as well as attending to Reception.
The Animal Attendant part of the role includes being responsible for assisting with incoming and general care of the animals. This including feeding, cleaning and administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with enquiries regarding adoptions and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
The Reception part of the role includes creating a friendly and helpful first impression for our customers and suppliers as they contact by phone or step inside our doors and assisting with enquiries as required.
What we can offer you
· Making an actual difference to New Zealand’s animals
· Working with highly passionate people
· Job satisfaction from working in a profession that you have a passion for
· Getting involved in the local community with the welfare and education of animals
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have excellent availability and be reliable.
· Have an excellent work ethic.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, volunteers, other stake holders and suppliers
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
· Effective time management skills, organisation and planning abilities.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Having previous cleaning experience and knowledge is an advantage.
· Having practical animal-handling experience and knowledge is an advantage.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will not be considered.
Applications close 1st August 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.