This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are the most well established dog day-care and dog grooming business in Taupo, and over the last 7 years have built a reputation for our quality of care and passion in a safe and welcoming environment.
At Big Brown Paws, We offer doggie day-care Mon to Fri, with walks, bus service and a full service grooming facility by qualified groomers. We have grown so much in the 7 years we now need more people to help service the 350 grooming clients we have on our books. We are needing someone to be trained and ready for our busy seasons starting spring (September).
We value Fun within the workplace and creative ways of doing things. We connect and contribute with our customers, with trust and respect. We believe we are a family a little community of passionate, devoted, caring people being positive role modules for animal welfare and positive training for our Taupo community.
We are currently on the search for 1 full time, able to work 8am to 3pm Mon to Sat, 35hr week. As an experienced groomer you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of our grooming team. Here are just a few of the key responsibilities that you will be contributing to:
- Full-service grooming for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
- Bathing, grooming, scissoring and clipping all breeds to the breed standard and our client’s preference.
- Genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- Work well both in a team and independently
- High level of integrity
- Have a minimum of 2 years full time grooming experience. Any relevant grooming qualifications is a plus.
- Have great customer service skills.
- Provide outstanding dog grooming services in store
- Make client bookings
- Assist doggie day-care team when required
- Ensure you maintain breed clip and brand/product knowledge
- Proven confidence and capability to handle a variety of dogs
- Experience with specific breed clips
- Be physically fit & able to lift dogs into bath
- Be flexible & able to work weekdays, weekends on a rostered basis
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
Please attach a CV and enclose a short cover letter detailing what you wish to get out of working with dogs. Please identify in your cover letter which position you are applying for. Please also note when you are available to start.
Please provide at least 2 referees that are happy to provide reference for you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We also have an advertisement on Trade Me for a full time Day-care attendant.
11 Matai Street, Tauhara, Taupo
0800 BBPAWS or 0223135785
YouTube channels - https://youtu.be/DZq01ilD-oA
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BigBrownPaws
Your application has been successfully submitted.