Centre Manager - Whangarei
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent, full-time role
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Based at the SPCA Centre Whangarei, with travel to our Kaitaia and Kerikeri Centres as required
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced People Manager to manage the day to day running of our SPCA centre in Whangarei, and provide management support to the Kaitaia and Kerikeri Centres.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose of the role:
· Managing and being involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Whangarei Centre including timely, legal and transparent management of staff.
· Provide leadership and support to the Centre Team Leaders at our Kaitaia and Kerikeri Centres.
· Ensuring a safe and supportive working environment where staff and volunteers are led to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively
· Promotes unity by developing and maintaining strong relationships with other SPCA Centres
· Develop and maintain community relationships and the local reputation of the SPCA brand.
· Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legal obligations of the Centres and adherence with all established guidelines, protocols and policies.
· Ensuring that animal welfare is always a primary consideration, and all animals under the responsibility of SPCA Whangarei, Kaitaia and Kerikeri Centres are cared for appropriately
· Proactively managing and embedding a culture of Health & Safety
What we can offer you
· An opportunity to make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· A chance to work with highly passionate people
What we need from you
· Proven experience in management, and importantly effective management of a high performing team.
· Have previous experience working in a similar role, and ideally managing teams remotely.
· Experience and knowledge in managing or working with volunteers.
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· The ability to work to a budget, meet deadlines and achieve targets.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Have a full and current NZ driver’s license and the ability to confidently drive both manual and automatic vehicles.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 23rd July 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.