Technical Sales Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established for over 60 years, our client has a proud history in manufacturing and marketing of a range of health and nutrition products to the livestock industry both domestically and overseas. The company has entered a new and exciting phase in its development having acquired Australian & New Zealand marketing rights for innovative technical nutrition solutions which improve efficiency in livestock production. A number of products have been successfully launched in the dairy industry and are positioned for significant future growth In New Zealand.
The purpose of this role is to drive sales direct to farm to achieve revenue targets. The preferred candidate for this role should have credibility in the dairy industry, perhaps having grown up on a dairy farm or having deep experience within the industry, and have the ability to influence customers' decisions. You will manage existing end user (farmer) relationships as well as building new relationships with end users to drive increased uptake and commitment to purchase leading edge dairy products that are proven to improve milk production and overall profitability.
- Maximise the sales and market share growth of the products in line with annual sales budgets, managing a defined geographical territory that includes direct famer customers, as well as advocates & influencers
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are well executed within the territory to maximise the sales of the promoted products
- Execute key account/territory specific selling initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Provide product training to industry personnel/end users and conduct on-farm visits to sell the monitoring products
- Identify, establish and maintain strategic relationships with key opinion leaders/influencers and advocates in your territory
- Devise and deliver key end user-focused activities within the territory to uncover further business opportunities and maximise sales
- Gain an understanding of the limitations encountered in animal production and to work with customers to improve production parameters
- Advise on effective use of the products to improve efficiency of animal production and improve cost efficiency by introducing more efficient feeding regimes and practices
- A farming background especially in livestock production would be highly regarded but is not essential
- Tertiary qualifications in animal science, agriculture or veterinary science are preferred but not essential
- The ability to build credibility as a result of technical knowledge and to acquire business as a result of the respect and trust so gained with prospective customers
- Prior sales experience would be advantageous but is not essential
- An outgoing personality together with superior communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships
- An entrepreneurial flair and the ability to work autonomously but also to be a team player
Remuneration & Location
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Ideally the role should be located in or around Christchurch, New Zealand.
Please apply online, or contact Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant & Managing Director, by phone (+61419012841) or email (email@example.com) for a confidential discussion on the role if required.
To keep informed about future roles, follow us on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/agricultural-appointments).
Your application has been successfully submitted.