Operations Coordinator - Central Otago
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work will be: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Central Otago
The Central Otago coordinator is a varied rewarding role where no two days are the same. The Operations Coordinator is accountable for leading all aspects of the Central Otago area, including specific emphasis on forming and maintaining relationships with Vet Life clinics and Remarkables Vet and developing a foster program.
The position is also responsible for forming and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders and members of the public in Central Otago to lead and embed a One SPCA culture in the Area.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in relevant discipline.
- Experience in, and an understanding of, animal welfare, shelter management and disease control would be an advantage
- Demonstrable skills in strong leadership, building rapport with staff, volunteers, stakeholders and suppliers
- Good all round management experience
- Good level of financial/commercial acumen gained through practical experience, e.g. managing budgets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning ability
- Proven ability in managing and developing a Health and Safety culture
- A commitment to high quality work and professionalism
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, multi task and meet expected deadlines
- Ability to manage stress and handle emotional situations while retaining empathy
- Able to make sound, informed decisions based on animal welfare
- Personal and professional integrity
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
.Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close Monday 26th July 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.