Experienced Fundraiser with an interest in animal advocacy wanted!
The New Zealand Anti-Vivisection Society (NZAVS) is Aotearoa's primary charity defending animals used in science. Our mission is to end animal experimentation and the harmful use of animals for research, testing and teaching.
We are seeking someone with high-level fundraising and supporter engagement skills to join our team as our Development/Fundraising Manager.
Your goal would be to help NZAVS meets its financial targets to ensure its sustainability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Updating and implementing strategic plans.
- Creating and proposing new ways of reaching fundraising goals including acquisition targets.
- Management of various fundraising programmes such as major donors, legacies, supportive businesses, and regular giving.
- Creating eDMs and DMs.
- Applying for grants.
- Experience in a fundraising position (preferably in the non-profit sector).
- Experience with fundraising implementation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Creativity and persuasion skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the values of the organisation.
- The ability to work effectively in a small team.
- The ability and desire to work remotely from home.
The successful applicant will also need to respect and agree with NZAVS values such as:
NZAVS is an inclusive organisation committed to ending animal experimentation without contributing to the further marginalisation of any group, including tangata whenua, LGBTQIA+ and others. We aim to uplift and work alongside the LGBTQIA+ community and we honour and respect Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Read about our other organisation values here: https://nzavs.org.nz/vision [link removed]
This is a part-time position (20 hours) but could be adjusted for the right candidate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.