Head Vet Nurse | PetVet Lower Hutt
Are you an experienced Head Nurse looking for the next step in your career?
If so we at PetVet Lower Hutt are the clinic you are looking for! Our team is experienced, and our focus is clinic growth and sustainability by providing "All the care your pet needs".
If you like veterinary variety of a high standard, Pet Vet Lower Hutt is for you as we provide care locally and further afield by offering both first opinion and referral services to the greater Wellington and Wairarapa regions. You will be working with GP vets, vets with over 20 years' experience in ultrasound and orthopaedic surgery, as well as visiting specialists. This allows our nurses opportunities to extend their skills and focus in on areas of interest to them.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated leader then this might just be the role you have been waiting for!
About the role and clinic:
Your new workplace is a 400m2 clinic built in 2019 with a spacious ultrasound suite, top end digital radiography, two sterile and one non-sterile theatre. We have a solid reputation for top quality service and a strong referral base.
This role is perfect for someone wanting a challenge, that thrives off teamwork and supporting staff to grow and develop. This would be an ideal next step for an experienced Head Nurse wanting to develop further in their leadership skills and responsibilities in a large clinic.
This is a full-time role covering an average of 39 hours per week and only 1 in 8 Saturdays.
Our mission is to provide our clients and their pets with excellent Veterinary service and quality pet products while delivering superior veterinary skills, technology, and advice within a friendly and caring environment.
What’s on offer?
- Highly supportive team environment
- Remuneration according to experience
- CPD allowance + FREE Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built training facilities
- Additional paid parental leave and return to work bonus
- Staff benefits & discounts
- Dedicated training programmes, such as our Super Nurse Program
- Fully qualified Vet Nurse or Vet Tech with a solid clinical background
- Sound knowledge and understanding of high standards of patient care
- Willingness to assist, guide, support and develop our Vet Nurses
- Proven team player capable or working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have ability to multitask and demonstrate attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
Join Us, Stay You!