Professional Consulting Veterinarian
We are Hill’s - an innovative growth company reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets, and our planet. We are part of Colgate-Palmolive a leading global consumer products company with a portfolio in Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition.
At Hill's we have a purpose! Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pets through groundbreaking innovation, outstanding nutrition, and committed people.
Our strong culture of diversity, sustainability and inclusion is rooted in our core values of Caring, Global Collaboration and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich career development and experiences.
We pride ourselves on our work life balance, our focus on delivering high ethical standards and our dedication to developing our employees. With many local benefits such as Summer Hours, Live Better activities, Product Parcels and Health Checks
Reporting to the New Zealand Country Manager, this role is responsible for driving the strategy to increase brand recommendation and demand with the veterinary health care team. The role ensures that Hill’s is known as a scientific, innovative and credible partner that is engaged with veterinary professionals to transform the lives of dogs and cats through superior nutrition.
This role is passionate about nutrition and about educating both internal and external stakeholders about the benefits of our range of diets. It serves as the technical expert for New Zealand, working closely with the brand and customer development teams to develop plans to drive brand recommendation. The role also works closely with the field sales team as well as directly with universities and specialist hospitals to drive product understanding and educational leadership.
The Professional Consulting Veterinarian serves as the professional face of Hill’s representing the company at veterinary conferences, working with the Customer Development team as part of the joint business planning process and directly with veterinarians as part of the Veterinary Consultation Service.
Are you a veterinarian looking for a new career opportunity? Come join a global leader in veterinary nutrition.
- Develop and maintain high standards of knowledge in small animal nutrition and Hill’s products
- Keep abreast of trends in the veterinary profession and how they can influence our partnership with veterinary professionals
- Work closely with the broader commercial team to drive therapeutic nutrition leadership in NZ market
- Engage with industry associations (NZVA and NZVNA) to build, negotiate and leverage sponsorship agreements and partnerships that build Hill’s brand awareness and drive brand recommendation.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Key Thought Leaders, specialist clinics and universities in NZ
- Be the go to technical resource for the NZ sales team, train and coach territory managers to understand the technical information on the Hill’s Science Diet and Prescription Diet products
- Deliver training presentations to veterinary students, nurses and veterinarians
- Provide professional technical support to veterinary customers as part of the Hill’s Veterinary Consultation Service
- Represent Hill’s at professional events such as industry conferences
- Degree in Veterinary Science
- Current registration with the Veterinary Council of NZ
- At least 3 years small animal clinical experience
- Previous animal health industry highly regarded
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated with high integrity
- Excellent communication skills including both written and oral communication, ability to present in front of large audiences
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Google Suite tools is ideal
- Be able to work independently and travel within region to deliver customer training and attend professional conferences, some overnight travel is required