Dog Handlers and Drivers for Doggy Daycare Service
- Dog Handlers/ PupBus Drivers – Central Auckland and North Shore
- Do you love dogs and driving?
- Do you have experience working with Dogs and Driving Vans?
- Are you a “dog whisperer”
- Are you safety conscious?
- Do you enjoy working outside and have a can do attitude?
- Are you physically fit and fast moving?
- Are you super organised with great customer service skills?
- Are you a positive person and a team player?
If you answered yes to the above, then we would love to hear from you. We are currently looking for two dog handlers/drivers to join our growing team.
We are also looking for a dog handler to be based at the farm in Dairy Flat who doesn’t have to drive. In total we are looking for three people to join our team of 11.
Our client owns a farm based on the North Shore where they run a doggie daycare. They pick up inner-city dogs and bus them out to the farm each day in customised pupbuses for funtimes!
Started over 10 years ago, the business has an upmarket and loyal clientele and these positions have become available as the business is growing.
The farm is gorgeous, safe, large and gated. It really is a dog Disneyland with a tennis court with an automatic tennis ball thrower for the ball obsessed and also a human sized swimming pool for the water babies.
The team are all hard-working, lovely caring people who adore dogs but also care about each other. We are looking for positive, experienced dog handlers and team players.
About the Roles
Both are full time Monday to Friday starting at approximately 7am and finishing at 4pm
You must love driving as much as you love dogs
The driving starts in Remuera and picks up dogs between Remuera and Western Springs or starts in Herne Bay and picks up dogs in Northcote and Birkenhead Pts and along the East Coast Bays on the North Shore
The roles involve driving large, safe, customised, crated Vans. The Vans pick up the dogs from their homes and bring them out to the farm and then drop them back. You are responsible for picking the dogs up safely and securing people’s homes. When you reach the farm, you work as a team looking after all the dogs and showing them a great day out. Aside from playing and cuddling with them, you also have to clean up after them – yep lots of pooh pick up and also getting them nice and clean after a day of farm fun.
You must be happy to work in all weather, be happy to do the not so nice bits of cleaning and picking up poop, you also need a clean driving and police record.
Maintenance Role - Location Dairy Flat
Part time only 8-10 hours per week
This role is for the maintenance and upkeep of the property. This includes but is not limited to:
Mowing lawns / landscape gardening work;
Fixing fences / maintenance of driveways and laying metal where needed;
General repairs and maintenance.
Benefits and perks
· Dog Daycare that has been designed around the safety and fun for our doggies and team members.
· Enjoy working with a fun, supportive team of pet care professionals with years of experience and qualifications.
· Opportunities to expand and grow within the team
· Customized vehicles provided making transportation of the doggies safe for them and our drivers.
· In return for your skills, expertise and dedication, you will be provided with a competitive industry hourly rate, vehicle, smart phone, training and uniform.
· Ongoing professional development opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.