Volunteer and Foster Coordinator
Contract: Fixed term (8 months), Full time
Hours of work will be: 37.5 hours per week , Tuesday to Saturday 8.00am – 4:00pm
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre (based in Mangere)
We are looking for a friendly, positive, organised person to join the SPCA Auckland Team as a Volunteer & Foster Coordinator. This rewarding role is responsible for coordinating both onsite volunteers working in our Mangere Animal Shelter and foster homes for SPCA. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and will provide you with the opportunity to work with like-minded people who believe in helping animals in need, and who want to make a difference every day.
Volunteers are essential to the day-to-day running of the SPCA, and work in a variety of roles around the Centre. This role manages the rostering, recruitment and retention of SPCA volunteers, and is heavily admin based where good computer skills are essential. Customer service and communication are key in supporting volunteers through their time with us, and a large part of the role will be ensuring our volunteers feel welcomed and appreciated.
Fostering is an integral part of the process used by our organisation to save the lives of the thousands of animals that come through our door every year. This role focuses on fostering cats, kittens and other small animals. It includes animal handling, delivering small group training sessions, managing appointments, phone support and administration. The position is also responsible for Foster Parent recruitment and retention. Previous experience working, fostering or volunteering is advantageous.
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have animal-handling experience and an understanding of animal welfare (foster experience and/or relevant qualification advantageous).
· Have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and customer service skills
· Have experience working with Foster Parents or Volunteers
· Have excellent administration and organisation skills, and strong time management
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Be positive and professional in all dealings
· Be able to cover/swap shifts when required
· Have strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems
· Have a passion for working with both people and animals
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Friday 23rd July 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.