Companion Animal Veterinarian
If being part of a great team and working in a practice with a vibrant, inclusive and friendly team culture is something you've been looking for then keep reading – this could be the position of your dreams!
At Rangiora Vet Centre our mission is simple: to be the centre of veterinary excellence and innovation. Our values of excellence, empathy, respect, team, community and innovation are what we live and breathe every day, if these resonate with you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Established in the 1960’s.
- Located on the outskirts of Rangiora, 25 minutes north of Christchurch, New Zealand.
- A 24/7, 365 day a year first opinion and referral practice receiving patients from all over the South Island.
- In 2013 we moved to a brand-new, purpose-built facility, offering three custom designed theatres, one of which is dedicated to orthopaedic surgery.
- NZVA Best Practice and Hospital Standards accredited
- ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic
- Full in-house laboratory facilities and comprehensive diagnostic imaging including ultrasound, digital DR X-ray, endoscopy and a new Canon 78cm bore 128 slice CT scanner.
- A VTS anaesthesia technician and physiotherapy/rehabilitation team onsite.
- We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic team player.
- This is a small animal role in a large team of supportive vets & nurses.
- A part-time or fulltime role available and negotiable.
- This job would suit a recently graduated or experienced vet.
- Only required to work 1 in 4 Saturday.
Join our RVC family and enjoy the benefits:
- Generous remuneration, reflective of your experience
- Inclusion in our friendly, collegial, supportive, fun and clinically diverse team who strive to continually improve and offer the best in patient and client care
- If applicable, support with visa application, VCNZ Registration and tailored relocation assistance
- Generous CPD leave and allowance included
- Work life balance actively prioritised
- A $500 Annual Wellbeing allowance
Christchurch is New Zealand’s second-largest city, the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand, it provides a vibrant arts, dining, and sporting mix. Rangiora is just 15 minutes from the beach and within an hour’s drive of the Southern Alps providing a natural playground of skiing, fishing, boating, mountain biking, hunting, horse riding and hiking. You get the best of city and outdoor lifestyle with plenty to occupy children alongside a world-class education system, in a practice that values work-life balance. We have a new swimming complex, gyms, sailing, tramping and many other sports clubs as well as great cafes, restaurants, shopping and local theatre. There are several wineries and craft beer brewers within a 50-km radius.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you (and the rest of the family) for work, education and play. Applying for this position could be the best decision you've made in a while!
To apply or to have a confidential discussion about employment prospects please call or email our Companion Animal Clinic Coordinator, Rachel Hogan on:
Mobile: +64 21 2219994