Head Veterinary Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
VETORA Waikato is a group of large and modern veterinary practices that have been providing Vet services to the Waikato for over 75 years. We specialise in providing both practical and technical expertise and excellent customer service support to our large and small animal clients through our five clinics in the Waikato region.
We are currently looking for a Head Veterinary Nurse for our Te Awamutu clinic.
This pivotal senior role will be responsible for; managing the daily flow of procedures and inpatient care; providing strong leadership and guidance to a team of four nurses; and managing our equipment and inventory. Specifically, this role will be the first point of contact for our nurses and will have a strong focus on the development of our team by providing excellent clinic practices and training opportunities within our best practice accredited clinic.
The successful candidates needs to;
- Have a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing;
- Have previous experience leading and managing a team;
- Be highly engaging and have experience with creating a successful culture of professional development and upskilling;
- Have 10 years plus clinical experience in a busy general practice;
- Be a mentor for student nurses;
- Be confident in liaising with clients regarding their companion animal within consults or surgeries, products, questions and/or concerns;
- Have excellent multitask and attention to detail abilities;
- Have the skill and empathy to positively interact with our customers at sometimes distressful times;
- Be strong with reviewing, creating and/or implementing systems and processes that create efficiencies;
- Have a strong customer centric style with reception and administration skills; and
- Have stock and equipment management experience.
For the right person, in time this role could lead to systemising our procedures and policies to ensure a consist approach throughout multiple clinics.
Our Te Awamutu clinic performs high end - complicated surgeries on a weekly basis so this role will attract Senior Nurses that like interesting cases and are hands on with their management style. You will work in a fun and friendly environment who support each other to get the job done.
Work-life balance is important to us, so this position is for four days per week and includes a rostered Saturday morning component.
To apply, send your CV and Cover letter through Seek.
Applications close: Monday 19th July 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.