This job is no longer accepting applications.
Expressions of Interest are now sought for Veterinarian graduate positions across our 250 Australian and New Zealand hospitals and practices. Whether you join one of our independent practices or join one of the larger groups in our network (AdelaideVet, NVC, Pet Doctors, Vets4Pets and Vetwest), you will receive unparalleled mentoring and formal training that will provide you with an excellent foundation for your veterinarian career.
We’ve designed the program to give veterinarian graduates like you the clinical knowledge and training you’ll need to pursue your future career aspirations. You’ll participate in an 12-month Development Program combining hands-on clinical experience, on the job learning with formal training opportunities. You’ll be in a stimulating graduate position that offers training and support and have an employer who wants to develop your skills and resilience.
On top of a competitive salary and benefits, you will deepen your knowledge through structured learning. As part of the Graduate Program, you’ll be supported by a Graduate Manager, Veterinary Manager and immediate in-clinic supervisor to provide guidance and constructive feedback.
The Program at a glance
We’ve designed the Veterinarian Graduate Program to give final year students and recent graduates a structured and supportive pathway into the workforce. Supporting you through structured training, supportive clinical environments, informal and formal on-the-job learning, and regular check-ins with mentors.
More importantly we’ll provide you with the tools and techniques you’ll need to deal with everyday life in clinic, including resilience techniques, consult techniques, and client relationship building.
Supportive Clinical Role from Day One
- Gradual increase of clinical capability across your first 12 months of employment.
- A culture of feedback and continuous improvement
- Opportunities across, Small or Mixed practices, or develop interests in Surgery & Medicine.
Focus on preparing for the workforce
- Regular mental health and resilience training sessions and events.
- Access to counsellors for physical, social and psychological well-being.
- Your practical training will be supplemented with formal learning and specific clinical courses (example Cytology, Surgical & Dental Workshops). These will include offsite or onsite learning.
- An on-site clinical mentor, with access to veterinary managers and a graduate program manager.
- Structured 12 months of essential clinical learnings through a supportive learning environment.
- Access to our VetSuccess platform for self-reflective and constructive learning.
Assured Performance & Competence
- Industry regular performance checks
- Formal internal and end of program assessment
- Opportunity for rapid progression
Comprehensive Financial Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive starting salary.
- Access to various employee benefits and rewards.
- An unparallel structured learning program to help develop your clinical skills.
The graduate program is open to final year of study or recent graduates of a recognised Australian and New Zealand Veterinary University.
You will be looking to work for an employer who celebrates diversity and is invested in providing you with a strong foundation for a challenging and rewarding career as a veterinarian. We will look beyond your academic record, and look to understand:
- How you analyse problems and come to make fact-based decisions.
- How you prioritise and get things done.
- Your drive, confidence and resilience.
- Your communication skills both written and Verbal.
- Your ability to work in a team.
With over 4000 staff across three countries, access to NVA in America and a desire to preserve amazing community-based practices’ independent culture and clinical standards, we operate on a scale few can rival. As a graduate employee you will have access to network and learn off the most highly regarded Veterinarians and Specialists in the region, sharing their clinical expertise and points of views to enrich your experience.
To submit an Expression of Interest please submit your CV with and a cover letter introducing yourself. Your cover letter should outline your career aspirations and your ideal first role / locations you are looking for.
Your application has been successfully submitted.