Centre Manager - Gisborne
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Location: SPCA Gisborne Centre
About the role
We are seeking candidates with excellent leadership and people skills, and a passion for animal welfare to join our very busy Gisborne team.
The position will be busy, exciting, and challenging, and you would be working with like-minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose of the role:
· Managing and being involved in all aspects of the daily operations of the Centre including timely, legal and transparent management of staff.
· Ensuring a safe and supportive working environment where staff and volunteers are led to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively
· Promotes unity by developing and maintaining strong relationships with other SPCA Centres
· Develop and maintain community relationships and the local reputation of the SPCA brand.
· Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legal obligations of the Centre and adherence with all established guidelines, protocols and policies.
· Ensuring that animal welfare is always a primary consideration, and all animals under the responsibility of SPCA Gisborne are cared for appropriately
· Proactively managing and embedding a culture of Health & Safety
What we can offer you
· An opportunity to make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· A chance to work with highly passionate people
· Great "purrks" including a paid day off for your birthday!
What we need from you
· Proven leadership and mentoring skills
· Well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills
· Have proven ability to recruit, train and lead a high performing team
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge
· The ability to work to a budget, meet deadlines and achieve targets
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Strong organisational abilities with attention to detail, ensuring accurate documentation, and compliance with operating standards.
Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Friday 6 October
For a copy of the Job Description visit Centre-Manager---Gisborne.docx