Customer Service Representative & Animal Attendant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hours: Casual shifts will be as and when required, Monday to Sunday between 8.30am - 5pm
Location: SPCA Centre Invercargill
About the role
For this casual role, we are seeking a confident Customer Services Representative/ Animal Attendant who can help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Customer Services Representative part of the role is responsible for creating a friendly and helpful first impression for our customers and suppliers as they contact by phone or step inside our doors. The Animal Attendant part of the role is responsible for assisting with incoming & general care of the animals including feeding, cleaning and administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with enquiries regarding adoptions and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas
What we can offer you
· Making an actual difference to New Zealand’s animals
· Working with highly passionate people
· Job satisfaction from working in a profession that you have a passion for
· Getting involved in the local community with the welfare and education of animals
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge
. Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, volunteers, other stake holders and suppliers
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
· Effective time management skills, organisation and planning abilities
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 19th July 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.