Veterinary Nurse / Receptionist - Timaru
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Experienced? Passionate? Are you the vet nurse who will fit into our fun-loving team?
Aorangi Veterinary Services Ltd is an established veterinary practice supplying over 40 years of quality veterinary service in South Canterbury. Our clinics are located in Geraldine, Fairlie, and Timaru. We have a great team and are focused on providing the best service for our customers and improving the health and welfare of all animals we deal with.
About Your Role
We are looking for a veterinary nurse to join the dedicated team at our BESTPRACTICE® accredited Timaru clinic, although the successful applicant may have the opportunity to work at any Aorangi Vets clinic.
All our clinics have up-to-date equipment including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, and a full Idexx laboratory suite. We have a large companion animal client base and provide veterinary care and products for a number of farm clients and lifestylers.
The role is predominately as a vet nurse, however we are looking for a person who can fit into a reception role easily.
We see this job being between 35 - 40 hours per week.
Regular clinic hours are 8:00 am until 6.00 pm on Monday to Friday. Saturday morning clinics are between 10 am until 11.30 am.
Occasionally, we might ask you to be on-call during weekends or after hours.
This role has come about because one of our team is moving to a new town, and we are looking for someone awesome to take their place!
We are looking for someone with:
- at least two years' experience in a vet clinic
- previous reception experience
- a veterinary nursing qualification
- strong communication skills
- confident using computer software
- approachable, personable, and empathetic with a passion for customer service
- an enthusiastic approach, plus a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- the ability to work well within a team environment
- ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and be detail orientated
- knowledge of farming practices and large animal products would also be an advantage
Please apply through Seek.
If you would like to talk about the role before applying, please contact
(03) 687 9378
Your application has been successfully submitted.