Assistant DC Manager
SVS Veterinary Supplies is a well-known and major wholesaler within the New Zealand Veterinary Market. We are a 100% Kiwi owned and operated family business with three branches nationwide. The company has built a loyal customer base due to its strong focus on partnerships and delivering high value adding solutions to its customers.
We live and breathe our values; Strong Relationships, Inclusive, Balance Lifestyle, Own It and Sustainability and focus on empowering our team through exclusive employee benefits, such as three free doctors visits per year, monthly awards and recognitions, wellbeing services, fresh fruit on a weekly basis, vitamins during winter, team accounts and discounts on animal products and ongoing training and development opportunities.
Reporting and assisting the Hamilton Distribution Manager, the Assistant DC Manager is responsible for helping manage the day to day running of the Inwards and Dispatch teams, customer relationships, distribution of products, meeting warehouse KPIs and responsible for monitoring the pick/packing of orders. This role will be Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm, leaving your weekends free!
Your key responsibilities include;
- People management and dealing with any problems that may arise;
- Developing relationships with the supplier companies;
- Contacting suppliers regarding invoice discrepancies;
- Ensuring stock management is accurate and efficient;
- Stock take and stock rotation based on expiry dates;
- Filling out claim forms with the courier companies & processing credits;
- Action courier claims that are returned back to SVS;
- Dealing with credit returns from customers;
- Invoicing suppliers regarding short dated stock/damages;
- Report/investigate any discrepancies and resolve the issues;
- Responding to any emails, queries, and requests promptly; and
- General warehouse duties which include making sure the warehouse is compliant with our standards.
To be successful you need to:
- Proven track record in leading and managing a team;
- Strong administration and computer skills;
- Previous experience using inventory management systems;
- Process and procedures driven;
- Ability to multitask & prioritise your day;
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple priorities;
- Knowledge of health and safety and risk management;
- Meeting deadlines with a sense of urgency;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive problem-solving skills; and
- Great attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity to work for a stable and financially-sound New Zealand owned company, with the ability to develop the role into what you want it to be in a special and supportive environment.
Please direct confidential enquiries to Maddy Towgood on 021 712 063. Applications, accompanied by a current CV, are to be sent through VETJOBS NZ. For more information on SVS, please visit www.svs.co.nz
Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand.