Small Breed Animal - Farm Hand
Kiwi Valley Farm Park is looking for our next Superstar Farmer to join our team!
Our 20 acre farm, located in Henderson Valley, offers a hands on learning and fun experience to our customers, both young and old!
THE ROLE: “Small breed animal farm hand”
- Managing the daily operation of our Nursery Shed - in this area, we assist our customers in holding and petting various animals
- Providing EPIC customer service to our customers
- Ensuring safe handling of our small breed animals when being held and handled by customers
- Maintaining excellence in animal welfare, health and safety
- Daily management and handling of rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, newborn farm animals being hand reared (lambs, kids, calves etc) and fostered/rescued animals
- Implementing specific breed and individual feeding regimes
- Administering regular medications to small breed animals to maintain an effective disease prevention programme
- Implementing a small breeding programme
- Giving sound advice to customers about animal husbandry and education about small breed animals
- Daily set up of the Nursery Shed, water blasting, using blowers, cleaning our animal pens, setting up animal pens, feeding out, moving animals to various areas, assisting in the running
- Management of volunteers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Someone who has a real passion for the farm life!
- Someone preferably with experience in owning and caring for small breed animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, rats etc) - all training will be provided if required
- Someone who LOVES providing EPIC customer service - non negotiable!
- Loves working with children and adults
- Has an AMAZING work ethic
- Has a BRILLIANT can do attitude
- Can work extremely well under pressure and fast paced environments
- Someone with great vision and ideas to contribute to the progression and success of the Company
- Physically fit, strong and able to lift heavy items with ease and without causing injury (e.g. hay bales, bags of feed, lengths of wood etc)
- Someone who has attention to detail and enjoys and takes pride in their presentation of work
- Someone who learns fast and is keen to learn in all aspects of our Company
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable, good sense of humour, hard working
- Able to work independently, as well as within our team - meeting deadlines as required
- Understands the importance of Health and Safety protocols
- Able to work brilliantly and effectively under pressure, this is a fast paced job and some days can be extremely busy!
- Able to work WEDNESDAY to SUNDAY each week - approx. 8.00am to 4.30pm each day - rotating roster through School Holidays where we are Open 7 days a week
- Must have own reliable transport and current Drivers Licence
- Clean Police Vetting Record
WHAT WE HAVE:
- Nursery Shed - with our small breed animals (Rats, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits, any newborn bottle fed animals - lambs, kids, calves, piglets etc)
- Maze (over 1km to get lost in)
- Tractor rides
- Farm walk to hand feed our friendly farm animals
- Pony/Horse rides
During the week we are open to the general public, as well as large group bookings, such as Preschools /Kindergartens/School visits. Weekends are heavily booked with Birthday Parties or Corporate Events.
*** Applicants MUST provide a personalised COVER LETTER in support of their CV application, addressed to Crystal, to be considered for this position ***
Applications without a cover letter, will not be considered.
Please include your previous work experience and why you are the person we are searching for.