Bovine Hoof Trimmer
Bovine Hoof trimmer
Southern Hoof Care is an established Hoof trimming and lame cow treatment company supplying over 15 years of quality service in the Southland and South Otago region. We are based in Southland and are focused on providing the best service for our customers and improving Hoof health and comfort of the animals we deal with.
We are looking for a qualified Hoof Trimmer with a minimum of 1 years experience to fill a fulltime permanent position.
Our company works with up to date equipment, including hydraulic GDS and Appleton steel hoof trim crushes. We have a large Dairy farming client base and provide Lame cow treatment and maintenance/preventative hoof trimming services.
The position is full time (50 hours per week) Monday to Friday, during the peak season Monday to Saturday.
We are looking for someone with
- Relevant qualification (preferred)
- A passion and enthusiasm for the dairy industry and animal welfare;
- Ability to deal with emergency situations and work unsupervised;
- Ability to become a team member and build rapport with clients;
- A great personality and exceptional communication and people skills;
- The ambition to continually learn new skills and put them into practice;
- Be familiar with the "Dutch" hoof trim method and apply this method
- Ability to identify infectious and non-infectious claw lesions and treat appropriately
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of; Foot Anatomy and function Recognition, treatment of claw diseases and Lameness prevention.
- Ability to Locomotion score dairy cattle
- experience as a professional hoof trimmer, Lameness treatment, Preventative hoof trimming, use of angle grinder for hoof trimming, Application of claw blocks and Knife Sharpening
- experience operating and transporting a hydraulic hoof trimming crush.
- Be legally allowed to work in New Zealand.
- Have a full New Zealand drivers’ license.
What’s on offer;
An interesting and varied role; Opportunities to attend Hoof trim conferences, workshops and training courses to further up skill. Access to a network of like minded colleagues.
Working within a small team of dedicated people with a passion for the Dairy industry in Southland and Otago. Well established business with a growing client base. Non- corporate family workplace culture. Opportunity to grow into the business and take on a more senior role. Generous remuneration package.
To apply please sent us your CV outlining your skills, experience and career history.
Applications close 1st of October 2023
We look forward to meeting you.