Animal Attendant - Farm
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent Part Time
Hours: 7.5 hours or 1 day per week, with flexibility to work further hours during the the week and public holidays as required.
Location: SPCA Auckland (Mangere)
We are currently looking for an experienced part-time farm animal attendant to join the Farm Team in our Centre based in Mangere. This is an interesting and challenging role that would best suit someone who enjoys variety, physical work and using their initiative. The successful applicant will work on a part-time basis including weekend days, and must have flexibility to work other hours during the week as required, as well as public holidays.
The role consists of:
- Caring for farm animals (horses, pigs, goats, sheep, poultry etc.)
- Cleaning pens and feeding animals; medically treating any incoming welfare cases;
- Talking to the public with regards to animal adoptions and farm animal related queries.
This is a sole charge role, under written and verbal supervision of a team leader with volunteers to assist.
Our ideal Candidate will:
• have a tertiary level qualification in animal husbandry / behaviour and animal care; and practical animal-handling experience and knowledge specifically relating to farm animals.
• Equine experience and knowledge specific to handling, transporting and general care.
• Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
• Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
• Have the confidence and knowledge to give direction to staff and volunteers.
• Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
• Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
• Have excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrate empathy and resilience
• Be physically fit and willing to work outside in all weather conditions
• Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
• Hold a full, current New Zealand driver's licence.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Thursday 8th July 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.