Veterinary Nurse - Taupo
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vetora Bay of Plenty is excited to offer a permanent full-time position for a Veterinary Nurse to join our Taupo team. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated nurse, ideally with at least 1–2 years of experience, but new graduates are welcome to apply.
You will be working with a supportive, positive, small team in Taupo in a small animal focused clinic. This position will involve working closely with veterinarians and other team members and will have a reception and hospital nurse focus.
Ideally this position requires:
- Strong computer skills
- Stock management experience
- Knowledge of large and small animal veterinary products/drugs
- Advanced interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- A great sense of humour
- Proven practical nursing skills including:
- Taking blood samples, placing IV catheters, calculating drug doses and fluid therapy
- Surgical/anaesthesia experience
- Experience with difficult clients and cases
- Experience caring for hospitalised patients including pain relief
You would be responsible for booking and coordinating the daily activities of our veterinary team, as well as background administration tasks. On top of this you would be dealing with our clients and patients at the front of the clinic daily, being a friendly, familiar face, and giving information on products and services.
We expect that you would be on call for a 1–4 after-hours weekend roster including 3 hours on a Saturday morning.
Our clinical standards and attention to patient care are very high, and we expect that yours would be too. The daily working hours are 8am to 5pm and ideally you would be starting at the beginning of July.
If this position sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close: 30 June 2021. Visit www.vetora.co.nz for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.