This job is no longer accepting applications.
Airport Doggie Daycare and Kennels is currently looking for an additional member of staff to join our great team of dog handlers.
We are a small team, based in Airport Oaks, Mangere Auckland.
Our days are busy, often noisy but mostly filled with lots of fun.
These are some of the duties that our handlers carry out on a daily basis:
- New dog assessments.
- Checking dogs in and out.
- Cleaning - throughout the day.
- Major end-of-day deep cleans.
- Dog bathing, brushing and cutting of nails.
- Ensuring dogs are well exercised and enjoy lots of playtime.
- Ensuring that safety measures for dogs and staff are adhered to.
- Dealing with customers.
- Making up dogs meals.
- Administering meds and dealing with any minor injuries.
- Preparing dog's beds and freshening kennels.
- Putting boarding dogs into their kennels with food and water.
- Assisting in opening and closing routines.
- Driving to the vet or to the laundry as required.
- Assisting with puppy training where possible.
- Dog walking.
- Taking photos and videos of the dogs for Facebook and Instagram.
- Creating new games and playtime ideas.
Experience and Training Required:
- A minimum of at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- A certificate in dog management and/or dog training and/or a minimum of 2 years vet nurse training.
- Applicants must also be proficient in English.
- Full drivers licence is preferred but not essential.
References will be required.
What we are Offering:
- A part-time role - minimum number of weekly hours to be agreed.
- A great team environment.
- An environment in which you will have the opportunity to learn and to grow with the business and the team.
- The opportunity to work in a small but respected and caring business.
Hours of Work:
- We are a 7 day a week business.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Shifts start from 6.30am and finish up to 6.30pm
- Most shifts are 8 hours long but can be as little as 4 hours up to as much as 12 hours.
- Staff are rostered on over public holidays and expected to be available to work during all peak seasons. However, these are rostered shifts and are shared amongst the team as fairly as possible during these times.
Please send a short covering letter and your CV to Jenny Partington, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.