National Key Account Manager - Companion Animals
Boehringer Ingelheim is a family-owned multinational pharmaceutical company. We are proud of our high-performing people who are passionate about and committed to improving the lives of both humans and animals through the delivery of innovative medicines.
Research and development have been the foundation of our success and continues to be the major driver of new healthcare solutions for humans and animals.
Now, we are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture. We believe that if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining sales and business relationships with strategically important accounts within the Companion Animal business segment. This includes responsibility for budget achievement, the development of strategies and key account plans, and the promotion of the company, its products, and its sales and marketing plans.
This is a full-time, permanent position with significant travel required across New Zealand as directed by the Business Segment Manager and in close collaboration with the National Sales Manager. Preference will be given to those candidates with a strong track record of key account management and business growth in a B2B environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensures the achievement of nominated sales and expense objectives for specified KAs, as determined by the Business Segment Manager - Companion Animal.
- Promote the Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health product range to customers using technical information, promotional material, and marketing campaigns in an honest and ethical manner.
- Lead the development of business strategies relative to differing business models (e.g., veterinary, e-commerce, retail).
- Adapt and develop Key Account business plans and processes in line with strategic direction.
- Develops and implements key account business plans and activity grids for key accounts assigned.
- Demonstrate expert industry, business, and product knowledge.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead account planning reviews with the customer and with internal colleagues to meet or exceed mutual expectations.
- Effectively negotiates customer agreements (trading terms), contracts, marketing, and training activities.
- Work with key stakeholders to devise training programs and resources that meet the needs of the customer.
- Attend to adverse events, inquiries, and issues, or ensure that they are attended to by appropriate persons.
- Engage with current and potential customers at conferences, trade fairs, symposiums, exhibitions, and other customer meetings.
- Build relationships and influence with wholesalers and their representatives to maximise product referrals and promotion.
- A degree in business, commerce, veterinary medicine, or animal science
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant sales experience in the animal health industry
- Demonstrated experience in key account management in either FMCG, Consumer healthcare, or Animal Health with the ability to create strong rapport and build collaborative relationships
- Strategic vision to plan both short- and long-term goals for accounts, which aligns with the BIAH strategy.
- High-level analytical skills through data manipulation and management
- Ability to highlight opportunities and gaps
- Strong commercial acumen that drives successful outcomes for BIAH
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Intermediate or higher administration skills are required, as are the key Microsoft suite of products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate, and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on long term performance.
We are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com.au and join us in our effort to make more health.
What we offer
Boehringer Ingelheim offers a competitive remuneration package including flexible salary packaging options, and industry-leading lifestyle benefits including attractive leave options, health insurance and a free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
We want the best to apply!
Boehringer Ingelheim is a global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and foster an inclusive environment which benefits our people, patients and communities.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this highly driven and successful team, please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the key criteria above.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to be considered for this opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with Boehringer Ingelheim. As part of our efforts toward continuous process improvement, you may receive a short survey pertaining to this recruitment process. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you.
It is Boehringer Ingelheim's policy not to accept speculative resumes from Agencies, unless the role has been released directly to the agency. If we require your assistance on any roles, we will contact you at the time.
BI Animal Health
BI - New Zealand