Vet Nurse - Taumarunui
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for an opportunity in a rural community with great people and an excellent work-life balance?
An opportunity has arisen for a Vet Nurse to join our friendly mixed practice vet clinic located in Taumarunui.
We are a client centric business and put our customers and patients at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be in a great working environment, part of a friendly team and be provided with great benefits and opportunities CPD within the wider business.
· Providing excellent standards of care for our patients and clients
· Assisting with in clinic consultations and large animal work
· General nursing and clinic administration tasks
· Utilize technology and equipment management
· Assisting with anaesthesia surgical procedures
· Monitoring care of patients and follow up after surgery
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
· An enthusiastic level of customer service
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· The ability to show empathy and respond to customer and patient needs
· A Veterinary Nurse or Technician Qualification
· You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
· Have initiative and a pro-active work ethic
The successful applicant will be working in a team with 2 other vet nurses, 4 veterinarians and 4 reception staff. Our clinic has a new digital x-ray, multi parameter anesthetic monitoring and a well-equipped laboratory including in-house biochemistry. We have a newly renovated kennel room and separate isolation facilities.
This clinic can provide you with summer tramping and winter snow activities right on your doorstep.
Rents, houses and lifestyle blocks are still very affordable in the Ruapehu district, or like some of our team, you can choose to live the dream and locate yourself in one of the southern bays of Lake Taupo.
This position is a full-time position, which includes participation in a weekend clinic roster and some late nights.
A copy of the job description is available on request. For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.