Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian Wanted!
Animal Referral Centre, North Shore Auckland
Animal Referral Centre (ARC) is a busy, growing, private small animal specialist/emergency practice established in 2016. We are independently owned and operated and have specialists in Small animal surgery, Internal medicine, Oncology, Emergency and Critical Care and Radiology. We also have a referral service in Cardiology.
Our after hours caseload is varied and interesting, consisting of a mixture of primary access and referral cases from practices in Auckland and beyond. A high proportion of our clients have pet insurance.
We have all the equipment you would expect in a modern veterinary hospital including full in-house lab suite with Radiometer, multiparameter patient monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilation, on site CT, Hydro Physio underwater treadmill and dedicated cat and dog receptions, consulting rooms and wards.
We strive to have a cohesive, friendly work environment and encourage collaboration between our specialist and emergency teams to ensure the highest possible standards of patient care are achieved.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in small animal practice (or completion of an internship)
- Passionate about emergency and critical care (ECC).
- Experience in an emergency clinic is advantageous but not required
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing outstanding patient care.
- Motivated, adaptable and have a positive attitude.
- Permanent full time ECC veterinarian. The roster will involve rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
Continuing education in the field of veterinary emergency and critical care is supported and actively encouraged.
Why work for ARC?
- You will have the opportunity to provide outstanding patient care and develop skills in any area of emergency practice that interests you.
- We have a friendly, supportive team with medical and surgical back up available 24/7 as well as teleradiology support.
- You will have access to VIN, veterinary journals and VECCS membership as well as regular in-house CE opportunities. External CPD is also supported and actively encouraged.
- Mentorship and financial support (to cover examination costs) is available for full time veterinarians who wish to attain membership of the ANZCVS in emergency and critical care.
- Our roster is designed by our ECC team to achieve a good work life balance, and you will be working no more than one in two weekends.
- There is a competitive remuneration package offered, and relocation assistance is also available.
- We take wellbeing seriously at ARC and support our employees with access to free counselling, mentoring, free fruit in the staffroom, free flu vaccinations, an active social club, a mental-health first aid trained leadership team and we hope to soon implement Mindfulness training in-clinic.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information phone (09) 2815 815
Your application has been successfully submitted.