Show Presenter/Animal Trainer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our wildlife team in a full-time position as Show Presenter/Animal Trainer. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering daily public encounters and driving our advocacy programme, as well as the training and daily care of a variety of species and habitats within our collection.
The Kiwi Park is a family-owned 5-acre wildlife park in beautiful Queenstown. We house over 20 species of native NZ birds and reptiles, and we are involved in breed-for-release and rehabilitation programmes. This is an exciting time at the Kiwi Park as we are currently launching a full rebrand and a significant number of projects are being undertaken. The Kiwi Park offers an excellent opportunity to further a career within the conservation field whilst having ready access to the Queenstown lifestyle.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- A degree in Zoology (or similar).
- Proven animal training and conditioning experience (with birds would be preferable but other animal training would still be considered)
- Experience in public speaking.
- Experience in captive wildlife keeping and daily husbandry, preferably with native NZ wildlife.
- Knowledge of NZ horticulture
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- A NZ driver’s licence
- Proof of full Covid vaccination
- An outgoing personality and can-do attitude
Applicants for this position require NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to Wildlife@kiwibird.co.nz .
Applications will be ongoing until the position has been filled.