Contract: Permanent Part Time
Hours of work: 8am-3.30pm Sunday, 8am-4pm Monday and Tuesday (22 hours p/w)
Location: SPCA Centre Christchurch
About the role
The foster coordinator roles work together as a team to develop, coordinate and maintain sustainable Foster programs at the Christchurch SPCA Centre, and ensure that foster parents are suitably trained, managed and supported while caring for SPCA animals in their homes. We have a wide range of fostering needs at the centre, covering felines, canines, small animals and birds, of varying ages and stages of growth and recovery.
The foster coordinator will need to have strong communication skills to mentor and support foster parents, have a good understanding of normal vs abnormal health and behaviour in animals, and be able to think on their feet and prioritize tasks and a changing workload.
What we can offer you
· Become part of a dynamic team of highly passionate people
· Recruit, manage and work with highly motivated foster parents
· Work with animals by providing care, training, socialization and enrichments
· Become an essential member ensuring that animals can find a new home
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Onsite parking
.Purrrks include a paid day off on your birthday!
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have proven experience in a customer services focused role and experience in volunteer or staff management/supervision
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication including comfort in presenting to groups
- Have experience and evidence based skills in animal care, handling, behaviour, enrichment and welfare
- Have good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, foster parents, other stakeholders and suppliers
- Have effective time management skills, organization and planning abilities – with demonstrated skill in creative thinking and problem solving.
- Have the ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
- Have excellent computer skills
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.