Boarding Cattery Assistant
Do You Love Cats?
We are a family run business who have been operating for over 26 years in Auckland's Eastern Suburbs (St Johns). Many of our guests come from the wider Auckland Metropolitan area.
We currently have a small team of 4 dedicated workers, but we expect our business to grow further, so we are seeking enthusiastic applicants willing to make the most of opportunities as they arise.
We are searching for a part-time cat lover to care for our guests as they would their own. You will be working as part of a team responsible for the day-to-day care of the cats in our facility, which includes feeding, cleaning, and the occasional grooming and administering of medication.
Primarily the role is cleaning and assisting with the day-to-day care of our feline guests. You will be required to help with Reception when it's busy.
We require the successful applicant to work 4 days a week from Sunday to Tuesday plus Thursday, with the occasional Saturday, from 8am for approx. 3 hours each day. This will include any public holidays that fall on your day of work (i.e., Christmas Day).
Our ideal candidates will be:
- Reliable, Punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
- Excellent at time management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate confidence with handling cats (including cats that may be difficult) and confident interacting with the owners.
- Efficient in cleaning to maintain the high standards we have for our guests.
- Passionate about sharing and increasing their knowledge and ideas.
- Able to be reasonably flexible with covering different shifts when needed.
The successful applicant MUST be available over Public Holidays and School Holidays which are our busiest times, including Christmas Day if it falls on your day of work.
The successful candidate will be required to cover other staff Annual leave and sick leave, as well as covering the Owners hours when they are away or on Annual leave.
This role is not suitable for students.