Bovine Calving Manager
We are looking for a Calving Manager on our custom dairy platform. Bellevue’s dairy farm, located next to the laboratories of Animal Breeding Services, operates a unique farming system that offers a surrogacy service for elite embryo transfer calves – and plays a pivotal role in creating New Zealand’s best animals. This role would suit someone highly skilled in animal husbandry who has a genuine interest in reproduction and dairy performance. The focus of this role is ensuring the best success rates for calving and providing the best care for these growing calves. Calving, animal husbandry and reproduction will be at the forefront of this role, along with some conventional dairy farm duties.
The successful applicant would have some or all of the following:
- Veterinary or rural technician experience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Show the highest standards of care and animal welfare.
- Be dynamic, accurate and show attention to detail.
- Good level of fitness and strong work ethic.
- Accurate records as required.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assisting with the calving of the embryo transfer program Bellevue and ABS run collaboratively.
- Interacting with farm staff and external specialist veterinary support.
- Day/Night checks for calving cows.
- Calving cows that needing assistance.
- Identifying, treating, and monitoring any unwell calves.
- Identifying, treating, and monitoring lame and unwell cows.
- Some duties of a conventional dairy farm – milking, feeding, mating season etc.
There is significant opportunity for you to grow and shape this role, according to your strengths or interests. This role could be equally suited to someone looking for a focus to their career, or a recent graduate looking to create a unique career path. Bellevue has a diverse range of existing and future roles across our multiple farms and commercial areas. Come join us and be part of our high energy and dynamic team with real opportunity for career development.
Competitive salary, great team, career development opportunities, great location, and very interesting and varied work.
Located at Pukemoremore, in the heart of Waikato only 15mins from Cambridge and Hamilton.
Please send CV's to livestock manager Gina - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Gina Roberts for any questions or queries.
021 854 449
Your application has been successfully submitted.